Divine Mercy Catholic Academy was incorporated July 1, 2007. It was formed as a result of the merger of Nativity Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Stanislaus Bishop and Martyr Schools. In September 2006 the above schools were merged as Nativity/St. Stanislaus School with two campuses. Elementary grades, Nursery to Grade 5, were housed in the Nativity building with Sister Marguerite Torre as principal, and St. Stanislaus became the middle school for Grades 6 to 8 with Sister Francis Marie Wystepek as principal.
In the spring of 2007, the decision was made to close both schools and re-open as Divine Mercy Catholic Academy. The school was no longer a parish school but an academy with a board of directors and S. Francis Marie Wystepek as principal. The two campuses were reunited into one building when the enrollment dropped to one of each grade in 2010.
Nativity School opened in 1920, staffed by the Ursuline Sisters of Tildonk to minister to Italian immigrants. St. Stanislaus School opened in 1925, staffed by the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth to minister to Polish immigrants. Today, DMCA ministers to all ethnic groups, races, and religions.